Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gingerbread Muffins

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18-22 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (Dec 2006)

Yes, I've been baking a lot lately. My freezer is getting full. But there will be a time coming up where I won't have time to bake as much and it will be good to have my stash then. I especially like to have muffins for a quick breakfast I can take to work or a snack before a workout.

I don't usually like gingerbread, even though I love ginger and spicy cookies. It is just my non-love of cake, I guess. But I do like muffins, so I tried these. And they were very good, moist and flavorful with all the spices. I like that they are made with dark brown sugar and you don't need to get out the molasses. These are not light, 1 1/2 c. of brown sugar and a full stick of butter for 12 muffins. I'm sure that is part of the reason why they are so good!

No comments: