Monday, January 21, 2008

Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash

turkey meatballs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Everyday Food (March 2003)

I like this for a quick meatball recipe. There is no browning of the meatballs, which I never feel is necessary for my tastes. You just simmer the meatballs in the sauce that you make. I like to make my meatballs fairly small and they cook quickly. This recipe goes with pasta, of course, but I really like to pair it with spaghetti squash. I don't like the squash on its own, and wouldn't try it with a meatless sauce, but with meatballs, I think it is great.

I usually cook the spaghetti squash whole, because then I don't have to cut it. I prick it with a knife and cook it at 400 for 50-60 minutes. Enough time to do everything else.

No comments: