Monday, January 07, 2008

Parker House Rolls

parker house rolls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1st Rise: 45 minutes
Assemble: 15 minutes
2nd Rise: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (2007)

Recipe Source: Baking Illustrated

These were quite delicious, but I'm not sure if I will make again. The main reason being that I did a horrible job of shaping them, and I'm not sure if I would do better next time. Maybe I would just use the dough, but a different shape. Mine didn't stay folded over like they were supposed to and just ended up as ovals. I think they don't need to be cooked as long when shaped this way either, because mine got quite brown.

So, if I do make again, I will try a different shape and cooking less. They were very tasty with the butter brushed on, and butter in the dough, so I might try again.

No comments: