Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cream Cheese Biscuits


Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Whole Grain Baking

Really, this recipe was Cream Cheese Spelt Biscuits, but it called for Spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry flour) which I do not have. It also called for white whole wheat flour, which I also do not have. So, I used 7 oz white flour and 3 oz of whole wheat flour instead. The original recipe called for a total of 9 oz and 2 1/2 cups of the other flours, but at 9 oz I was only at 2 cups of the flour, so I added another ounce and hoped for the best.

These were much tastier than the honey-whole wheat biscuits I tried last weekend. I would definitely make them again. Of course, they were only about 30% whole wheat, but I think with biscuits, for me, that is the way to go.

No comments: