These are the Cook's Illustrated recipes that I really like and make more than once.
Recipes I've reviewed:
- Best Blueberry Muffins (2009) - a very nice version of a blueberry muffin
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies (2009) - Made with browned butter so a tiny bit more effort, but the flavor of these is really "perfect"
- Oatmeal Snack Cake (2008) - really good with a coconut frosting
- Indian-Style Curry with Potatoes, Cauliflower, Peas and Chickpeas (2007) - A bit of work, but a delicious vegetarian meal.
- Strawberry Cream Cake (2006) - I've only made this once because it was a bit of work, the cake is huge, and strawberry season is so short, but I remember this as something I really want to make again someday.
- Ultimate Turtle Brownies (2006) - I need to make these again now that I know how to make a proper caramel.
- Classic Macaroni and Cheese (2004) - they have many versions, but this is the best. But I do change ratio of pasta to sauce, because I think their version is too 'saucy'.
- Curried Brown Rice with Tomatoes and Peas (2004) - This recipe or my own variations of this recipe are a mainstay in my repertoire.
- Quick Cheese Bread (2003) - simple quick bread recipe.
- Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce (2003) - It's been a couple years since I made this and I need to change that fact soon.
- Lemon Cheesecake (2003) - Another winner dessert recipe that I don't have a chance to make very often, but would like to make again.
- Chocolate Cream Pie (2001) - Ditto.
- Spicy Sichuan Noodles - Dan Dan Mian (2001) - Fast, simple and tasty. The only reason I don't make it more is because I forgot about it. (The reason for these posts!)
Recipes I love, but haven't reviewed: