Saturday, January 19, 2008

Whole Grain Baking

I finally found a new recipe source that is different from ATK/CI or Everyday Food. I have checked this book out of the library, and I think there is a good chance I will purchase it. I need to see how the recipes turn out first though. This is the first time in a long time that I have looked at a cookbook other than ATK and the recipes appealed to me enough to want to cook or bake from the book.

So far, after trying 4 and looking through much of the book, I am pretty happy. It also makes me really want to check out their other cookbooks. I only have two baking cookbooks right now - Baking Illustrated, which is great, but mostly includes only basic standard recipes, and Baking with Julia, which does have some interesting ideas in it, but many that don't suit my tastes, or that are too fancy for the type of baking I like to do. This Whole Grain book has all sorts of interesting recipes of things I haven't baked before that sound really good to me.

To see any recipes I review see the label "wgb" or click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your site. I will let my friends/family know about it.
Thanks for sharing your expertise.