Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stuffed French Toast

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (February 2006)

I definitely will be using this recipe again. I often have some unused cream cheese leftover from other recipes, and this is a perfect way to use some up. (I found that I had too much filling, so I think 1 oz per serving is all that you would need.) The nice thing about this recipe is that the coating uses water instead of milk, which is an ingredient I don't always have on hand. So if I have some cream cheese I want to use, I will likely have all the other ingredients that I need and can make this.

These did take longer than the 3 minutes per side that was suggested - perhaps my pan was not preheated enough, although I did start it early.

I lightened up just a bit by using less filling (and I felt there was plenty) and half the butter, and it was fine. This was very satisfying, but not overly rich. A nice quick recipe for something a little different - so a winner!

No comments: