Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Polenta with Sausage and Peppers

Prep Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Grade: A+

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cover & Bake

Mmmmm, I love this recipe, it is very good comfort food. I have made several sausage and pepper recipes lately, but this one is the very best. (It is also the most time consuming, but freezes well and is worth making on occasion. It almost ends up being like a polenta lasagna.

The recipe calls for instant polenta, which I didn't have, so it would probably be quicker if you used that. Also, I use 1 lb of sausage instead of 1.5 pounds, and I think 1 pound is plenty. The only other adjustment I made was to use orange and yellow peppers, because I think it makes a prettier dish than using the red peppers. You are getting the red from the tomotoes, so this makes it more colorful.

No comments: