Sunday, January 20, 2008

Honey-Whole Wheat Biscuits

Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 20-22 minutes

Grade: B-

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Whole Grain Baking

At first when I tasted these, I wasn't sure if I really liked them. The one thing that bothers me is that the butter flavor is not very pronounced, and since this recipe calls for a full stick of butter, I want to be able to detect it. I had even brushed the tops with a little melted butter. But the taste of the wheat was stronger, so the butter flavor was not as strong.

But these do really taste good - just different than what I was expecting. I'm freezing the leftovers, and I will try to report back on how they taste.

I was impressed with the ability of these to create those flaky layers that I love in biscuits.

Update: I didn't love the reheated biscuits as much, and when I do other biscuits (with regular flour) I do usually still like them almost as much as the orignals. So, I probably won't make these again. I think I want a lighter texture and flavor with biscuits.

No comments: