Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Skillet Ziti with Chicken and Broccoli

Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (lots of cooking done while prepping)

Grade: A-

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (Feb 2005)

This one is not as easy as I thought it would be. I don't know why - just a lot more prep than I wanted, I guess. I really liked the flavor the first time I made it, and the 2nd time I was less impressed. I realized the difference was the first time, I subbed a 1/4 c cream and 3/4 water for the 1 cup of milk. This time I made with 2% milk and it was less rich.

My sub adds calories, (but maybe only 25 per serving) so I might try again that way. The one thing I have to remember with this recipe is to add the broccoli later than the recipe suggest. The broccoli cooks way faster than my pasta and gets overcooked when I used the recipe's times.

No comments: