Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rhubarb Coffee Cake

rhubarb coffeecake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Whole Grain Baking

I'm not sure why this took me 25 minutes. Prepping the rhubarb, and making the topping took the most time, I think. I should have used a larger bowl for the topping.

I really liked this one a lot. It has 2 cup of the wheat flour and 1/2 cup of regular, but you cannot really tell that it is whole wheat. I think the strong flavor of the rhubarb helps with this. In general, all of the quick breads and coffecakes that I have tried have done a good job of disguising the fact that they are whole wheat. (I'm sure all the sugar and butter helps!)

Since I have some rhubarb in my garden that comes back every year, regardless of how badly I treat it, I will definitely be making this again.

No comments: