Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Maple Sausage and Waffle Casserole

Prep Time: 27 minutes
Rest Time: 1 hour to overnight
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (December 2005)

I love breakfast casseroles and this is no exception. (Although I did make this for dinner.) I will definitely think about making this next time Christmas morning is at my house, because it was easy to prepare and can be prepared the day before. I wasn't sure if I would love it, because of the maple flavorings, which I thought might make it too sweet, but it was very good. Using waffles is a little bit different, but worked well.

The prep time involved lots of waiting, so really this is pretty easy, just not quick. I used sausage links, and cooked them whole, and cut them later, so I wouldn't have to deal with cutting or breaking up the raw meat which can be a pain.

No comments: