Thursday, November 08, 2007

Skillet Sopa Seca

sopa seca
Total Time: 30 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Best 30-Minute Recipes

This is good and similar to a Cover & Bake recipe for Sopa Seca that I reviewed earlier, although is finished a little faster. In a way prefer being able to finish in the oven, but this one is done faster.

I MUST REMEMEBER to stop using my skillet and use my Dutch oven instead. I am having a lot of trouble with these 30-minute skillet suppers fitting in my pan and it is making cooking a little bit stressful and messy. I am using the asked for 12", but perhaps mine is a bit small.

I used half the amount of called for chorizo, because that was all I had, and I think I would always do it this way, because the chorizo has a strong flavor. I used the cured kind, not the crumbly kind that is easier to find at the store.

I also substituted cheddar for the jack cheese, and kindney beans for the black beans because that was what I had on hand. It was a clean out the fridge and pantry dish for me today.

No comments: