Friday, November 16, 2007

Joe Froggers

Prep Time: 18 minutes
Chill Time: 8 hours
Assemble Time: ???
Bake Time: 8 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes

Grade: B

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (February 2007)

This was almost a disaster, but I managed to save the recipe. This is a VERY moist dough, and needed to be rolled out. I don't love rolling and I don't love working with sticky doughs, so this was tough. You are supposed to make 3 1/2" circles. When I tried to put on cookie sheet, they mushed up and/or tore. They looked horrible. I didn't cut out anymore until I tasted the first batch, because I didn't want to waste my time.

They tasted OK, but I did not love them. I thought they could use some more sugar. So I went with the molasses cookie method and used my oxo scoop and dropped the balls of dough in granulated sugar, and shook it so it got covered. This allowed me to handle the dough without it sticking. I rolled it into a ball and flattened with a glass.

These cookies were great. Very much like a molasses cookie, but a slightly different taste because of the rum.

I'm not sure if I will make again, or if I would just make regular molasses cookies. If I do, I'll skip the recipes method and use my own. I did prefer the cookies with that little bit of extra sugar on them. I felt like I tasted the other flavors even more with the sugar.

No comments: