Sunday, July 30, 2006

Grilled Pizza

grilled-pizzaDough Time: 7 minutes
Rise Time: 90-120 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Grade: A+

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (July 2005)

This is so very good that I have made it twice this week. I got daring and tried for the first time when I had a friend over for lunch and I wanted to try it again today. It is an easy recipe, although I have trouble getting the rounds rolled out to 9". I tried letting the dough rest and it helped a little, but not enough. Also, this second attempt I didn't use my scale and the dough was more sticky than last time. I think I will have better results using the scale next time.

The other trouble I had was with the dough burning. The bottom gets black when I have it on high, so I need to remember to turn the temp down after the cooking the first side.

I skipped the tomatoes on top this time, but they are a nice touch when you have good tomatoes. I will definitely be using this recipe a lot, and hopefully perfecting my dough technique.

I froze two of the crusts I made, so I can see how that works for a quick meal in the future.

No comments: