Monday, July 03, 2006

Double Chocolate Cookies

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cool Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes

Grade: A
Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Baking with Julia

This is a slighty more difficult cookie recipe than most, but it is one of the best tasting, so is sometimes worth the effort. Chopping up the chocolate is a good portion of the prep time. You can replace 6 oz of the chocolate chunks with chocolate chips, and these are still great. I think I have even replaced all the chocolate with chocolate chips and had good results, although I have read that chocolate chips should not be substituted for chocolate that will be melted, because they have some different properties.

I have a similar recipe from Everyday Foods which is similar, but easier. I'd like to compare the cookies from these one day, to determine if the extra effort is worth it.

No comments: