Sunday, October 19, 2008

Popovers

popovers
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Bake Time: 40-50 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Baking with Julia

I love popovers, because they are super easy to make and delicious. This recipe didn't work perfectly for me though, because they get too crispy and lose some of the eggy middle that I love. My oven has trouble getting to 450, so I used the Speed baking (air - sort of like convection), since the temp was only a little over 400. Also, I thought it would be good since I was using a muffin tin which doesn't allow as much air circulation. By 20 minutes (instead of called for 25) they were too brown really. (For the record, I had this trouble with the recipe before in a different oven without the air.) So, I need to remember to check these early.

But they were still delicious. I think they freeze well and even just heating up in the microwave works pretty well. (The oven would probably be better.)

No comments: