Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Caldo Verde

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Best of America's Test Kitchen 2009

I really don't know where this recipe can be found. I just got the lastest Best of book, and this version does not give the original source of the recipe. I assumed it came from the International cookbook, but I don't see it in there. There was a somewhat similar recipe in the Best 30 minute cookbook, but more streamlined.

Regardless of the source, I know I liked it, although the final product was a bordering on being too salty. Probably from the sausage. I acutally used half the called for chorizo, which works fine, IMO since it is so flavorful. Anyway, this is a simple soup, with chorizo, kale and potatoes and nice to have on a cold day. I will make this again when I find the chorizo on sale.

The only time consuming thing here is that you need to peel the potoates. Mine were small so it added to the time. Otherwise, a simple recipe.

No comments: