I was planning on looking at all 4 previous September Issues that I own, but just looking at year 2003 had quite a few recipes I want to use again, so I'll just do one issue at a time.
Here are some of my old Favorites. I'm linking to my blog post (if available), but you can get to the actual recipes on the Recipe source link. If I didn't blog it, I'm liking to the original recipe.
- Turkey and White Bean Chili - not the most exciting chili ever, but very quick and easy for fast Fall meal.
- Almond Fruit Bars - A good bar cookie recipe
- Grape Tart - I never blogged on this recipe, but did try it and really liked it because it is unique with an oatmeal tart crust. I should make it again sometime!
- Outrageous Chocolate Cookies - simple and delicious. I've made more than most other cookie recipes
- Beef Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce - I didn't put this in the blog, but I remember liking this one
- Sauteed Corn, Bacon and Scallions - I altered this recipe to include green beans and I make this a few times every summer. I have even made it once this year in my non-cooking summer.
- Ground Beef Pie
- Roasted Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Enchiladas - I love Cook's Illustrated Chicken Enchilada recipe, but this one is simpler, so I will try it for my busy times
- Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake
I hope to get back to Cook's Illustrated Recipes when I have more time, but this should get me motivated to get cooking again.