Make Again: Yes
Recipe Source: Everyday Food (September 2004)
This recipe was inspired by the EF Sept 2004 Cooking for One article. The actual recipe called for Jarlsberg cheese and peas, but I used up what I had on hand, and it was delicious. I also used Healthy Harvest Spaghetti which I liked in there. I didn't have leftover pasta, which is the idea for this recipe, but it cooked while I prepped and cooked the spinach so the timing was fine.
I will definitely make this again. It is nice to have one serving only and I like the added carbs to eggs from the spaghetti. It makes it more substantial and filling.
- 2oz spaghetti cooked
- 3 oz baby spinach, chopped
- 1-2T minced onion
- 1 t. olive oil
- 2 T shredded cheese (I used Pepper Jack)
- 2 eggs
- 2 T milk
- salt and pepper
- Turn on broiler to high.
- Start your water boiling for the pasta if you don't have leftovers. I broke pasta in half so I could cook in a smaller pan and heat up less water to save time.
- Heat oil in an 8" ovensafe skillet and saute onions for a few minutes.
- Add spinach and saute until wilted and moisture dries up a bit. You may need to add it in batches because of lack of room.
- Wish eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add grated cheese. Add pasta and stir to combine.
- When spinach is cooked, add egg mixture to pan, and stir well to combine. Cook for 5-7 minutes until eggs start to set, but are still runny on top.
- Put pan in broiler and broil up to 4 minutes till eggs are cooked through.