Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spaghetti Fritatta


Total Time: 25 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes
  
Recipe Source: Everyday Food (September 2004)

This recipe was inspired by the EF Sept 2004 Cooking for One article. The actual recipe called for Jarlsberg cheese and peas, but I used up what I had on hand, and it was delicious. I also used Healthy Harvest Spaghetti which I liked in there. I didn't have leftover pasta, which is the idea for this recipe, but it cooked while I prepped and cooked the spinach so the timing was fine.

I will definitely make this again. It is nice to have one serving only and I like the added carbs to eggs from the spaghetti. It makes it more substantial and filling. 

Spaghetti Fritatta
  • 2oz spaghetti cooked
  • 3 oz baby spinach, chopped
  • 1-2T minced onion
  • 1 t. olive oil
  • 2 T shredded cheese (I used Pepper Jack) 
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 T milk
  • salt and pepper
  1. Turn on broiler to high. 
  2. Start your water boiling for the pasta if you don't have leftovers. I broke pasta in half so I could cook in a smaller pan and heat up less water to save time.
  3. Heat oil in an 8" ovensafe skillet and saute onions for a few minutes. 
  4. Add spinach and saute until wilted and moisture dries up a bit. You may need to add it in batches because of lack of room.
  5. Wish eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add grated cheese. Add pasta and stir to combine. 
  6. When spinach is cooked, add egg mixture to pan, and stir well to combine. Cook for 5-7 minutes until eggs start to set, but are still runny on top.
  7. Put pan in broiler and broil up to 4 minutes till eggs are cooked through. 
Serves 1. 

No comments: