Saturday, April 05, 2008

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

cinnamon swirl bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Rise Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Rise Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
Cool Time: 2 hours

Grade: A-

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (April 2007)

I really liked this bread, and thought the dough was really tasty. But I ended up wiht some gaping holes in it with the cinnamon sugar dripping out. Due, I'm sure to my shabby rolling technique. You can't see from this picture, the gaps were a few slices in.

I don't know if it is worth the effort to make again. I might actually skip the swirl part, and mix a little more of the sugar mixture into the dough (it already includes 1/4 c.) instead. You also sprinkle some on top, so the bread it still quite tasty without the swirl, so I think it might be worth a try.

No comments: