Thursday, March 13, 2008

Black-Bottom Cupcakes

Prep Time: 15 minutes (if items are at room temp)
Cook Time: 23-25 minutes

Grade: B+

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (April 2007)

I had to make these two times because the first time I forgot to add the flour - whoops! I think part of the problem was that I tried to cut recipe in half, since it makes 24 cupcakes - way more than I wanted.

These are good, but I would like a little more chocolate flavor I think. I overcooked mine a minute or two I think, but they were still fairly moist. I'm not a big cake lover, but like these more than most. And since you don't need frosting, these end up being light if you make with lower fat cream cheese and lower fat sour cream (which I did.) I think about 200 calories each, which is pretty good for a cupcake.

No comments: