Saturday, March 08, 2008

Better Bran Muffins

bran muffin
Prep Time: 19 minutes
Cook Time: 16-20 minutes

Grade: B+

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (May 2007)

I liked these, but I think I might like the Bran Muffin from the Best Light Recipe better. (However, these have less calories - 237 without the raisins.) CI also has a previous regular recipe and both of their earlier recipes use Wheat bran instead of All-Bran cereal, which is where this recipe gets its bran. I will have to try the other ones again and compare. These are good for breakfast and not quite as sweet as other muffins so I like to have these on hand.

These take a little longer to make than most muffins because you have to grind the cereal in the food processor, and then you let the wet mixture sit with the cereal in it for 5 minutes.

No comments: