Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Skillet Cincinnati Chili

cincinnati chili
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 80 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cover & Bake

This recipe is a little different, because you cook the pasta in the chili. It makes it fairly easy. A little bit of work at the beginning, and then it is easy after that.

This is supposed to be a one pot meal, but I use my dutch oven to cook onions while using my skillet to brown the beef. It saves some time, and it isn't the end of the world to have to clean two pans.

The only problem with this recipe for me is that it doesn't save as well as others. The spaghetti soaks up any extra liquid. So the consistency of the leftovers are not great. They still taste good though. I could take some of it out before putting the pasta in, but I sometimes don't feel like doing that.

No comments: