Friday, April 13, 2007

Roasted Cauliflower with Curry-Yogurt Sauce

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes

Grade: B

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (January 2007)

Some of the prep time can happen while the cauliflower starts roasting. It actually took me 8 minutes to prep the cauliflower and get in in the oven, so this recipe really takes less than 40 minutes, and most of it is unattended while roasting. I prepped all the sauce ingredients, and sauted my onions (should have been shallot) and spices, then waited to prepare the sauce until the cauliflower was almost done. I used less oil than the recipe called for (2 T instead of 4 T) and used some olive oil spray to spray florets instead.

I'm not sure if I love this recipe. It seems more complicated than my previous way of roasted cauliflower, which was just to cut florets and season with 1 T of olive oil and salt. I might use the sauce recipe again which was good, but very spicy.

No comments: