Thursday, October 30, 2014

Chicken Baked in Foil


Prep Time: 20 min
Hold Time: 1-24 hours
Cook Time: 18-23 minutes
Rest Time: 3 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Make Ahead Cook book

This recipe was from the Prep Ahead chapter, where you can prep most of the meal the day before and cook the next. I made these foil packets in the morning and cooked them at night. I loved just putting the packets on a sheet and having dinner 20 minutes later. I only made 2 packets, so if you are doing 4 if might take 30 minutes to prep.

The chicken doesn't necessarily look the most appetizing when you cook it this way, but it tasted pretty good. The vegetables were really good. Perfectly cooked and great flavor.

I wouldn't say it is my favorite boneless skinless chicken breast meal, but I give the entire meal an A because the prep was so easy and the final meal was complete, tasty and healthy. The original recipe called for 5T of olive oil, and when I cut it in half, I used 1.5 T instead of 2.5T. That was plenty. There was a little bit of flavorful broth form the packet that was soaked up with some bread I served also.

I will definitely be using this recipe a lot for a weeknight meal that I can prep the night ahead.


No comments: