Thursday, February 07, 2008

Banana Chocolate Bars

banana chocolate bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rest Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
Rest Time: overnight

Grade: B-

Make Again: No

Recipe Source: Whole Grain Baking

These were ok, and again, definitely are better after letting rest (like the brownies). But I think the cinnamon might be too much in this. Also, I think I might just mix the chocolate chips in to the batter, instead of sprinkling on top. The recipe called for pecans (I think) to sprinkle with the chocolate, but I skipped those. The texture was a little more cakey than I like, and this was in the "Bar Cookie" category, so I didn't like it as much as I expected. I should also add that I didn't use spelt flour as called for, so that may be why.

Update: I decided after a while to toss those remaining in my freezer. I just didn't love the cinnamon banana flavor combination I think. I prefer most of the other baked goods from this book more.

No comments: