Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Skillet Spinach Strata

skillet spinach strata
Prep Time: 23 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Best 30-Minute Recipes

Actually, this took me 40 minutes, and I still was not sure that the insides were cooked through. However, my oven was not at the specified 425, because it takes so long to preheat. Next time, I must start preheating before I start the recipe. That would save 5 minutes. The rest of the time overage came from spilling and cleanup, and possibly just being slower than the ATK cooks! I took more than the 3 minutes to toast the bread, because my pan was overflowing. I used 4 slices of a wide pan bread instead of 5 of regular, and maybe that was still too much.

Anyway, this recipe was excellent. I reduced the butter from 4 T to 2 T and it worked just fine. There was still a buttery taste to the final product. The only complaint I had was that a few bites had too much garlic. It was hard to distrubute evenly with the bread, so I will have to do that with more care next time.

No comments: