Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Skillet Penne

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Best 30-Minute Recipes

I didn't make it under 30 minutes, but I was close. I think the key is to start heating my pan right away while I was getting the garlic ready and prepping for the sauce. That might cut out 5 minutes actually.

This was very good, but I would prefer to have a flavorful sauce without the cream. I think I will try making with some italian sausage next time instead. To keep it quick, I could saute some bulk sausage in a separate pan, while pasta is cooking and add it before baking. I don't like putting my non-stick pan in a super hot oven (475) so I did transfer everything to a casserole, where it barely fit. That does mean one more pan to cook, but it seems safer to me.

UPDATE: The leftovers of this were not very good (especially those frozen and reheated). The pasta really became quite mushy. That is to be expected for this type of dish, but it seemed much more so than normal. I'm guessing the cooking method contributed.

No comments: