Sunday, January 04, 2015

Portuguese-Style Potato and Kale Soup


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours on low

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Slow Cooker Revolution Book

I am shocked I didn't report on this recipe last year, because I ended up making it at least 3 times last winter after I first tried it. It is one of the easier recipes from Slow Cooker Revolution and it tastes great. The onions, garlic and spices are only cooked in the microwave first making this a little bit simpler prep. Also since it uses kielbasa, that prep is easy as well. I make it with Turkey Kielbasa, since it is lighter. Of course, I use the full 13oz that comes in the package instead of the 8oz called for, so that may erase any efforts to keep this lighter.

This is a great soup though with a nice little heat to it. My picker eater doesn't like kale, so I usually spoon some out for him before I add the kale and then we re-heat his soup when ready to eat.


No comments: