Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sausage Cheese Biscuit


Prep Time: 30-35 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: King Arthur Flour

The pictured biscuit actually used bacon instead of sausage. I've done these both ways. These take a little longer than regular biscuits because you have to cook the sausage or bacon. I like them a little better with the sausage, which is faster for me.

The hardest part is rolling out the dough. The sausage pieces were falling out a bit for me, so that slows me down. But these are a tasty breakfast treat, and freeze pretty well. They certainly are not "light", but in moderation, I enjoy these.

They were not a favorite of my nephews - I'm not sure why. And someone else told me theirs was a bit dry. I think I overcooked them just a bit. I like them though, and think the recipe is pretty good.

No comments: