Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Molasses-Glazed Turkey Breast and Acorn Squash

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours

Grade: B+

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Everyday Food (September 2006)

I made this on Christmas Eve, mostly because I wanted something simple and I was feeding a lot of people. It was good. Well, the turkey was good, I'm not a huge Acorn Squash fan. Those that like squash, seemed to like it though. I liked the turkey - it had a spicy dry rub and then a sweet glaze.

The biggest problem was that it took way longer to cook than I thought it would. I used a boneless turkey breast that was tied up in netting and the package instructions say to keep it in the string until done cooking. That makes it more like a roast, I guess. But it probably would have cooked longer if I let it flatten out a bit, so next time I will do that.

For what it was, a simple dish, it was good. Nothing too exciting, but I will do this again on my own when turkey breast it for sale. I might try using the extra glaze on green beans instead and roasting them. I think that would be pretty good.

No comments: