Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crisp Thin-Crust Pizza

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Rise Time: overnight
Prep Time: 15 minutes (I actually use Trader Joe's Pizza sauce, so making your own will add some time.)
Cook Time: 10 minutes per pizza

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (January 2001)

This recipe was in my very first Cook's Illustrated magazine. It was the first recipe I tried, and I was instantly a convert. I loved how they explained in detail how and why they arrived at the final recipe. This is very good, but I haven't made it much lately. I end up making the pan pizza recipe from Cook's Country more often, but I should remember this one too. They are both easy, but this one is even easier I think.

The only problem with this one is you have to remember to make the dough the night before. It is done in a food processor which makes it even faster than other doughs.

The trick to making the crust really crispy is a baking stone and to roll it very thin (put some plastic wrap on top.) You roll it on parchment so you can easily transfer it with the paper to the baking stone.

Our crust yesterday wasn't too thin because it was 2-10 year olds rolling the dough. Still a very tasty pizza when a little thicker. :-)

No comments: