I posted this list of Favorites from January/February last year, but I'm posting again because I wanted to bring up again and try to remind myself to review some of these recipes in more detail this month. I'm using my favorites list to create meal plans for the month, and it is good for me to use recipes that I've already tried and are successful!
I've reviewed these recipes:
- Pork Bulgogi
- Brownie Hearts - A good choice if you would like to cut out shapes of brownies. The leftover pieces can be used to make "truffles" as well.
- Sausage and Kale Soup
- Spicy Black Bean Soup (not as good as CI's recipe, but a little simpler and still good)
- Mini Mocha Cheese Cakes - Nice for a "lighter" dessert
- Triple Chocolate Lighter Brownies - one of those "black bean" brownies (just a little) that is pretty good
- Apple Pie Cake - I really need to review this recipe. It is unique and good.
- Pork and Apple Stew
- Sweet Potato Wedges - This recipe introduced a new favorite food to me. I had never liked those mushy overly-sweet holiday recipes for sweet potatoes, but made this way, I found out I loved them. I make this often all fall and winter long and have for the past 8 years.
- Valentines Day Cookies
- Pot Roast Hash - I only made this once, because I rarely make pot roast, but remembering this recipe makes me want to try it again.
- Lentil and Brown Rice Pilaf - This takes a while to carmelize the onions, but it makes very plain ingredients yummy.