Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chipotle Chicken and Rice

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Grade: B+

Make Again: Yes
  
Recipe Source: Everyday Food (July 2009)

Crazy summer for me so far, and very little cooking. This fall is going to be crazy as well, and after that I am hoping going to get my life back and not be so busy anymore. But I need to eat real food, so I am going to try to cook once or twice a week and make enough to freeze my leftovers.

Last summer I got re-inspired to cook from the iPad version of Everyday Food. I did not renew my subscription, but I may do that again later. For now, I'm getting inspiration to cook from their daily video, where they do one recipe from the magazine (new and old) in a 3-4 minute video. I'm really enjoying them.

This was a nice recipe. Very simple and it tasted good. My favorite part was it fit into my plans to freeze extras very well. I shredded some cheese up, cut the chicken into small bite side pieces, and made burritos from the leftovers. I got 10 (in 8" tortillas) wrapped up and frozen for future meals.

I used boneless chicken breasts and only cooked the chicken for the 25 minutes with the rice, so it was faster than their times.

I will probably do this again when I run out of the leftovers, because it was so easy.

No comments: