Monday, January 26, 2009

Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Fontina

Wheat Pasta with Kale
Total Time: 28 minutes
Cook Time: minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Everyday Food (October 2003)

If you like kale, then this is a good recipe. I love that it is so quick, and the ingredients in here really do taste well with the whole-wheat pasta (although, technically, my pasta is not 100% whole-wheat - Ronzoni.) I had some extra fontina left from the Baked Pasta dish last week, and this was perfect way to use up the extra, because it just calls for a little bit.

This calls for just a little bit of bacon which really adds to the flavor. I always freeze my bacon that I buy on sale in one and two piece portions so I always have some on hand. (A bonus: it is really easy to cut frozen bacon.)

No comments: