Thursday, December 21, 2006

Chocolate Mint Brownies

mint brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Cool Time: 2 hours

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Everyday Food (December 2006)

I usually find that the prep times listed in Everyday Food are pretty accurate. But this one took me 25 minutes of prep time. Maybe because my butter was cold and took longer to melt. Also, you have to unwrap all the peppermint patties.

I couldn't quite fit all the patties into the pan, perhaps because my pan is not quite 8" square. I think I used about 19-20.

Although this is quite as simple as regular brownies, the unique twist of the peppermint patties makes this a nice version.

I did find the edges of the brownies got overcooked and the middle was quite soft. I think if I make these again, I will use 325 instead of 350 and cook a little longer.

No comments: