Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tall and Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits

Prep Time: 12 minutes
Bake Time: 22 minutes
Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (July 2004)

Other bloggers have the full recipe here or here.

These biscuits are probably the ones I  have made the most out of all biscuit recipes. They are a little lighter than most biscuits with less butter (4T per 12 biscuits). They almost end up like dinner rolls, but they are extremely easy to make. The only negative is that it can get a little messy tossing these in the flour before you put them in the pan. The recipe calls for adding 2T of butter to the top. I always add just 1T, which seems enough. This recipe without any butter at all on top, was put into the Best Light Recipe, and I think each biscuit has about 125 calories, which is pretty good for a biscuit!

I've made this recipe so many times, I'm shocked I haven't reviewed it yet. It is definitely a good way to use up buttermilk and because these are a little bit lighter (at least for biscuits) it is a good recipe to have.

No comments: