Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pan Fried Pork Chops

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (February 2009)


I found some 2 year old pork chops in my freezer last week when I was cleaning it out.  They weren't even wrapped well, just frozen in the thin plastic they were wrapped in at the grocery.  I've only cooked pork chops once or twice before, and I forgot about them.  I didn't have much hope for them, but they seemed ok after they were defrosted and I didn't notice much freezer burn, so I decided to try this simple recipe.

I was pleasantly surprised.  It was super easy and fast.  The biggest time suck was waiting for the bacon to cook.  But you have to wait 10 minutes in between flour dredging the chops the two times, so it works out well.  I used less oil and it worked fine.  The chops are seasoned first before they go in the flour with garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper (and a little cayenne.) 

I was starting to not want to try them though because of their age.  When they were resting some blood started to seep through the flour from the bones and as an ex-vegetarian this grossed me out!  Then I really didn't want to try them. 

But I did anyways, and they tasted really good.  The crust was perfect on them and they were still moist.  I may have to try them once more with fresher meat.

No comments: