Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Chicken Mole

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Finish Time: 5 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: The Best Chicken Recipe (And Best International Recipe)

I've never had Chicken Mole before, but have always wanted to try it. I realized today that I had all the ingredients at home to make it (including the dried Anchos), so decided to try it. (Actually, I just remembered, I didn't have raisins, so skipped them.) I'm not sure what it supposed to taste like, but I liked it. The sauce was spicy, smoky and nutty at all once. Very good.

I know that CI recipes with sauces like this are often too saucy for me, so I saved half the sauce to freeze for later. That way I can cook the chicken in it another time without the work! It worked out perfectly, so that is a nice bonus to this recipe. I also only used 1 T of oil instead of 3, and it was fine.

For some reason, I find shredding chicken to be a pain, so I just cut it up with a knife. I tried to be messy about it though and tear through the pieces, so there were scraggly edges for picking up the sauce. I served this over rice and it was a very nice dinner.

No comments: