Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tomato Ricotta Tart

Tomato Ricotta TartPrep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Everyday Food (July 2003)

Tomato Tart CrustThis is a great quick recipe that is nice for entertaining, either as a vegetarian entree or an appetizer. When I have made this before, the crust was not as crispy and sturdy as I wanted. This time, I used a crusty Italian loaf for my bread crumbs. I also started cooking the crust alone while I finished prepping the rest of the ingredients. This resulted in a very good, crisp sturdy crust. However, it did burn just a bit on the edges. Not enough to effect taste, but it wasn't as pretty.

Tomato Ricotta Tart 2I also only use 2 tablespoons of olive oil for the crust, and it works fine with that amount. I only make this in the summer, because it needs good fresh tomatoes. Definitely a winner recipe, I think.

No comments: