Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hot Fudge Sauce


I had some heavy cream in my refrigerator that I never used, and the sold by date has passed. I hate to throw it away, so I decided to make some hot fudge sauce, which can be stored in the refrigerator a month.

The recipe come from Fresh & Fast by Marie Simmons which is a great cookbook for easy quick recipes.

You simply mix 1/2 c. dark brown sugar, 1/2 c. cocoa powder and 3/4 heavy cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil (over a low-medium heat) stirring frequently to constantly. When it starts to boil take off the heat and stir in 1 T of butter.

I had no need for this sauce right now, but wanted to try it, so I poured a heaping spoonful on a thin slice of toasted banana bread. Yum!!

Time: 10 minutes total

Grade: A

Make Again: Yes

No comments: