Cook Time: 15 minutes
Make Again: Yes
Recipe Source: The Six-Ingredient Solution
I just got this new ATK cookbook from the library and it may be one that I have to buy. I remember reading 3-ingredient cookbooks seven or so years ago, and the 3 ingredient concept was a little too sparse. Six ingredients seems more realistic, but still easy to handle. Salt, pepper and water do not count in the six.
My picky eater had one complaint and that was that I did not cut up the tomatoes enough. He had a full strip of tomato in his burger. Whoops. Other than that he liked them. I loved them. They were very flavorful and a fun alternative to regular hamburgers.
They are quick and easy so I will probably make again someday.
- 5 hamburger buns (tear up one bun and mix with 2 T. water for the panade)
- 1/4 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (save 1 T. of oil for cooking burgers) note: recipe called for 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (I used fresh rosemary instead)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 20 oz ground chicken (or turkey, which I used)
- 1/2 c. (2 oz) goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- Mix all ingredients together, except reserved oil, with hands and form into 1" thick burgers.
- Heat reserved oil over medium heat until smoking. Cook burgers uncovered on each side for 3-4 minutes till browned.
- Lower heat and cook partially covered until 160 degrees.